The original Airborne Command shoulder sleeve insignia was adopted by the command on March 22, 1943. The command was charged with the training of US paratrooper and glider forces during WWII. After the command was re-designated to the Airborne Center, the addition of the “Airborne” tab was adopted to the insignia. When the Airborne Center was disbanded after WWII, the insignia was rescinded in 1947. However, in 1952 the insignia was reinstated as the Airborne Command for wear by select classified units, including 10th and 77th Special Forces Groups.